Monday, August 20, 2007

I am victorious

Well, I'm not sick anymore. Yippee! I battled my bowels and I won. I am now in control of my body. It was a tough fight, but I am always and ever victorious!

There's not really too much to say since I was in bed from Thursday until today (Sunday). I read a lot. Well, I tried to read a lot. I fell asleep a lot because just climbing in and out of my top bunk felt like running a marathon so I was constantly exhausted. I actually thought I might have mono for a while, but I guess it was some other mystery disease that Mr. Pansy Bowels picked up.

Hmmmm . . . I can't think of much else to write. Maybe I'll just tell you what books I've been reading in bed. I've started reading 'Pilgrim at Tinker Creek' by Annie Dillard, and although it took me a chapter or two to get into her writing style, I've been enjoying it ever since. It's a very wordy and descriptive (but not fluffy) book describing the author's year-long stay by Tinker Creek in Virginia. It's one of my roommate Nate's favorite books.

I know that's not a very good description, but I don't really feel like writing much more about it.

I'm also reading a book called 'God in the Dark' by Os Guinness. It's a really well-written and interesting book discussing doubt in God. Guinness (awesome surname) was a worker at L'Abri in England for awhile and has written a ton of books. This one was recommended to me by a guy named Nico from Argentina in March, but I'm just now getting around to it. So far I'm only through the first two chapters. In those chapters he outlines the purpose of the book and defines 'doubt' as he will be using it. In the next seven chapters he's going to go through the seven main "families" of doubt. It should be good.

I'm not very good at doing book reviews.

I can't think of anything else to write. I'll post again later.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad you're back to the land of the living!

Anonymous said...

yeah, me too. and don't be such a sissy.

Anonymous said...

Good work on the Annie Dillard, there's another book of hers that will tear your guts out, "for the time being" I dont recommend it for the faint of heart.

love you man hope your feeling better soon, Enjoy pilgrim,

find the Tree with The lights In It
and your left foot will say Glory and your right foot will say Amen