Friday, June 29, 2007

By the way

I think I said something about this, albeit in a very passing way, in one of my posts yesterday, but I don't think I've come right out and said it yet on the blog: on August 13th I'll be leaving to go back to L'Abri for the full Fall term which lasts until December 4th.

When I went to L'Abri at the beginning of the summer, I was pretty confident that unless I hated it I'd be going back for a longer time. Of course, I didn't hate it when I got there so I'm going back for at least one more term. I'll be going back as a student again. I decided not to go back as a helper (like a student, but you work a lot more and get to be there for free) because I'd like to have more time to study. For awhile I was thinking about going to England L'Abri, but things started going really well with my tutor about halfway through my stay and that was enough to make me want to come back to Switzerland. Obviously the scenery doesn't hurt any either.

Since I won't be here for about four months I decided to end my lease in Columbia and move all my stuff back to my parents' house in Conway. So for the last two or three days I've been trying to find someplace out of the way for all of the crap I brought back with me from Cola.

As far as what I might do after I get back from Switzerland in December, I have no idea. That's a point too far in the future, and over an expanse of time in which I'm very likely to change a lot, to think about it in specifics. Generally, I guess I'd like to look into graduate school for philosophy or theology. I'd like to see about moving to the west coast. I'd like to do a ton of things, but what actually happens only time will tell. At least I know what I'm doing for the next six months. That's good enough for me.

In other news, Kate and her boyfriend Marcus get here in about an hour and a half so I need to finish cleaning my room.

2 comments:

Dave said...

hey buddy hope you're feeling better (someone told me you were sick) we missed ya last night!

Nico said...

Your blog looks better on Internet Explorer than it does on Mozilla Firefox.