Friday, May 11, 2007

Amazing

This could potentially be a long post, but I'm going to try to keep it as short as I can. I need to tell you what I did yesterday. I went paragliding in the Swiss Alps. It was amazing. Amazing. Amazing. Paragliding, in case you don't know, is where you strap yourself into a harness and hook up to a huge parachute (and in my case, an instructor as well) and run and jump off of a mountain and float around until you get to the ground.
Thursday was our free day and so me and three other guys took off from L'Abri and hiked up the mountain for about 3 hours until we got to a high spot where we rested and got some lunch. Then we hiked down to this town right above Huemoz called Villars. It's a fancy ski resort town. There we were met by the paragliding guys who took us to a field where we jumped off of a mountain and floated in the air. I can't describe how beautiful it was around us. It was like being in a fairy tale or something. This place really looks like something from a Hans Christian Anderson story. I'm going to try to post some pictures on this blog right now to show you what it was like. Let's see if I can get it to work (my pictures are big since I don't have Photoshop here to shrink them and it might take too long to upload) . . .

Okay........That was taking way too long. I waited about five minutes to try to upload the first picture, but it just wasn't happening. I'm going to work on a way to get pictures on this blog. Maybe we'll just have to wait. I'll have to figure out a way to shrink them down.

Anyway, I guess since I can't put up pictures, this post is pretty much over. I don't want to talk about too much in one post because then I'll run out of subjects when it comes time to post later. So, things to look forward to me talking about (I don't mean that to sound prideful if it does): epistemology, yardwork and protein.

1 comment:

Jenny said...

I am looking forward to your epistemological post since I have no idea what that means...and I already looked it up in the dictonary.