Wednesday, May 9, 2007

My First Real Day

This is going to be a short post, but I kind of feel compelled to post all the time on this thing. I figure that if I post everyday for a little while then you guys will start checking it everyday and then even when I don't post everyday you'll still check everyday. . . I won't really gain anything material from that, but my pride will be fed.
Today was my first normal day here. It went something like this:
7:45 am--wake up
8:oo am--breakfast of homemade granola cereal
9:30-11 am--clean the chalet with a few other people
11 am--tea break
11:30-12:30--more cleaning
1 pm--lunch then some free time during which I took a nap on our balcony overlooking the Alps
3:30-6:15--study time during which I listened to two tapes and took a bunch of notes. I'll spend more time talking about stuyding at a later date when there aren't people waiting to use the computer
6:30 pm--a wonderful dinner of chili, cornbread, salad, and fruit salad
the rest of the night--free time. They are watching a movie right now. It's French and it didn't look too good so I just sat around with some guys talking.

I'll keep you posted as my time here develops, and later on tonight I'm checking out that girl's USB cable to see if I can show you guys some pictures.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to see the pictures - it sounds like the weather must be good. Believe it or not the NC/SC coast has it's first named storm today (not a hurricane but a sub tropical storm). That's crazy since it's only the first of May! We are enjoying all of your updates - keep it up!

Anonymous said...

tell my ancestors' country i said hello. I'm glad you made it there safe. okay bye bye.

Anonymous said...

Hi Chris, er Reggie . . . Good to hear you're doing well. Take care and have fun.

Jenny said...

I'm just planning to check your blog every couple of days and then post comments on each day in order to feed your pride.

I have one question, "How do you make granola?"