Tuesday, May 15, 2007

It snowed today . . .

And let me remind you, it's summer here too. We aren't in the southern hemisphere. Today it was really really cold all day long, and at about noon a thick fog came over the mountains around us. When the fog cleared a couple of hours later, there was snow on the mountains across the valley. Okay okay. It didn't snow on our mountain, but it was freakin cold. I would say about 50-55 degrees.
Luckily today was one of the first days that I haven't had ground duty. Today I was working in the kitchen all morning making fresh butterzopf, which is a braided bread. So now I have the recipe and you can all have awesome fresh homemade bread when I get home.

In other news, my roommate leaves tomorrow morning. I've made a ton of friends here, but he's probably been the guy I've gotten along with the easiest. Sad day in Switzerland.

2 comments:

Nico said...

Chris,

I am glad you have succesfully replaced all of your friends from America. Eat some Dreikönigskuchen for me.

Alan

livethelifetoday said...

Chris, you are in Switzerland. You are supposed to use Celsius. J/k. Anyway, I am glad that you like the weather, the guys you've met, etc. Sounds like a vacation with free time that's intense in every sense of the word. I depart for briefing for East Asia on Sunday. Pray for me. I've been praying for you.

Oh, and I almost forgot.
Your mission: Come back with a British or Aussie wife, so that I can marry her hot younger sister. Dating is also acceptable if marriage seems like too soon of a possibility for you.

Peace,
Josh