Tuesday, May 8, 2007

I made it!

Hey everybody. I made it Huemoz (pronounced 'Way-mo'), Switzerland this morning (Tuesday) at about 11:15 am. The place is gorgeous. I wish I could upload pictures for you guys to see, but I didn't bring my camera's USB cable because I imagined the computer being some little old piece of junk. Actually, I'm sitting in front of a gigantic flat-panel monitor and a very nice computer. Oh well.

The flight over here was nice and easy. I got switched last-minute to a US Airways flight from Charlotte to Newark instead of the Continental flight I had booked, but it turned out okay. After flying US Airways overseas to Germany earlier this year, I swore never to support their business again, but the service this time wasn't toooooo bad. It still wasn't great though. Continental, on the other had, rocked my socks off. The main way that they rocked my socks off was by obliging my request for an aisle seat and then going the extra mile and giving me a seat with no one else sitting beside me. I put aside my dignity and curled up into a little ball on the seats the whole flight here. It was wonderful.

As far as L'Abri goes, it seems great so far. The people are nice and easy to get along with, and the scenery is out of control. It looks like something from a fairy tale up here in the mountains. A girl just came into the computer room and said that she had a USB cable so I'll try to upload pictures sometime soon. If you want to get a little glimpse of what it's like, you can check out the photo gallery on the L'Abri page. It's breath-taking.
There are about 25 people staying here tonight, but I think some are leaving tomorrow morning and some are leaving later in the week. The workers here said that we'll probably stay around 25 people through the summer. Everyone seems great. Mostly Americans, Canadians, Brits, and Aussies. I need to go now, though, because I think the internet is pretty expensive. So, I hope you enjoyed this amazing blog post.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

So glad to hear that you are there! Can't wait to see the pics! Great blog!

Anonymous said...

Great blog! (I've never blogged...is that a word?) It looks really cool!
So excited for you! You'll be in our prayers!
Kathy Hucks & Kids

Jenny said...

I am glad to hear that you made it over there safely.

I'm not gonna lie to you though...I have seen better blogs =)