Sunday, May 6, 2007

Tomorrow's the big day

So, tomorrow is the big day. I leave for Switzerland for five weeks. I'll be at L'Abri for all five weeks, studying and doing whatever else you do there. I'm not really sure what to expect. Okay, I was trying to just do one space after each period, but when I learned to type, they told you to put two spaces after each period. Nowadays it's unnecessary because fonts have a little bit of extra space built into the space after a period, but I just can't break the habit. So from now on, or actually from about two sentences back on, I'll be putting two spaces after the periods. I hope you don't mind.

Anyway, I don't know if I'll actually ever write anything on this blog, but I figured I would give it a try just so if I did decide to do a blog, I would already have one made up. Yesterday I spent about four hours trying to get this thing to look different than every other blog out there. Now it just looks a lot like one blog out there: Between Two Worlds. It's a blog I read a lot and I copied a lot of the code from that site when I was arranging this one.
***BY THE WAY: If you're using Internet Explorer and this blog looks kind of mushed around, it's because Internet Explorer sucks at reading normal CSS code in HTML. The solution is easy: Look to the right of the screen; find the button that says "Download Firefox;" click on it and download the Firefox browser. It's waaaaay better than IE and it's free. It won't mess your computer up and it's not just a browser for people who know a lot about computers or the internet. Try it out and free your mind.***


I'll probably post another blog before I leave. Until then, here's a map of Switzerland for you to look at. The arrow is pointing to Huemoz (well, 'Humeoz' but that's a misspelling) and that's where I'll be for the next five weeks.

No comments: