Saturday, May 19, 2007

It's been a long time . . .

I shouldn't have left you, without a dope beat to step to. Step to. Step to. Wicky ah.

I thought I'd start out with a little bit of Aliyah to make up for my two day absence from my blog and your lives. Let's see . . . . what to say what to say . . . .

Vegan happened tonight. Super vegan. I had kitchen duty . . . hold that thought. First let me say that for the past two days it has been fantastically summer here. That means clear skies, sunny, and about 80 degrees. We played volleyball after dinner tonight for about two hours. My team won.

Anyway, I had kitchen duty tonight and we cooked roasted veggies (peppers, broccoli, cauliflower, eggplant, zuccini, and corn) which took me about an hour to cut up. We also had mashed potatoes and mocha brownies. It was good but not very filling compared to the meat the other night. The dinner went over pretty well with everyone here.

Also, I have a new roommate for the next three days. His name is Ashnafi and he's from Ethiopia. From what I can tell he's a genius and also good at ping pong and awesome at volleyball. I would guess he's an amazing runner too. The one thing he doesn't have going for him is his nocturnal nasal habits. He snores. Loud. All night long. This morning he asked me if he kept me awake last night and I told him not to worry about it, I put my iPod headphones in last night and slept fine. That's only about three-quarters true. I did put my iPod headphones in and listen to Nickel Creek and Mikey Mew and the Lovely Few, but I only slept for about five hours last night. Oh well. He's a cool enough guy to make up for it; plus he was the main reason that our team dominated at volleyball today.

Today I finished listening to the tape series that I've been listening to for the last week or so. It was five tapes by Lee Hardy entitled, "Belief in God and the Problem of Knowledge in Modern Philosophy." They were about epistemology (the study of how we can know things and how we are justified in saying we can know them) and I took about 25 pages of notes on the tapes. Hopefully tomorrow I'll be able to hop online and explain a little bit of what I learned.

There are a lot of people in line for the internet so I'll be going now. I'll talk to you tomorrow.

No comments: