Monday, May 14, 2007

My roommate and pictures!

My roommate here is from Georgia, Augusta actually. I actually just met a guy who he's friends with the other day before I came over here. His friend's name is Gabe and he does YoungLife in Columbia. Also, get this: Jonathon (my roommate here) dated McKenna Jones when he was a junior in high school. Jonathon got here the same day I did so we've been able to spend some good time together. He went hiking and paragliding with me and two other guys (Matt from Florida and Ryan from Greenville, SC). Oh and just in case you were wondering, it's not all southern boys here. There are guys from Chicago, Texas, Missouri, California, Pennsylvania, and Canada (no, I don't know where in Canada. To me it's all just one frozen tundra).
Jonathon's a cool guy and we've gotten along really well, but he's leaving on Wednesday. I think I'll have a room to myself for about two weeks before another person get's here on the 30th of May. I'm looking forward to having a room to myself but it'll be sad to see Jonathon go. As close as we live to each other, though, I'm sure we'll hang out some back in the States. My plan is to make enough friends here to replace all my friends back in Cola and Conway.

I'm just kidding.

Good news guys!!! As you can probably see just below this text, I got some pictures up!!! They're being hosted on a friend's site unbeknownst to them but I'm pretty sure they won't mind and won't be bothered by it. Let's start with the pictures now . . . .


This is me on the plane ride over to Geneva. I'm not sure if I said it or not but Continental Airlines rocks my face--in particular, Darlene at the check-in counter in Newark. She got me an aisle seat with an empty window seat beside it. It was wonderful.








Here's me, Matt, Ryan, and Jonathon out for our hike last Thursday. This is about a 10 minute walk from our backdoor.


PS--I'm not intentionally doing a model pose.








Here we are after having eaten lunch on the side of a huge hill. You know how when you work out too hard you feel like you're going to puke? That's what I felt like by the time we made it up to the top of this hill.









This is paragliding. Jonathon and Ryan went first and me and Matt waited behind on the hill for about 45 minutes until they came back up and we floated down. Obviously, I couldn't get any pictures of myself taking off so this is Jonathon after he ran off the side of the mountain.








Here's me with my helmet on. Safety first of course. You wouldn't guess it by looking at me (or maybe you would and nobody's ever said anything to me about it), but I have a huge head. I mean huge. The helmet barely fit on my gigantic cranium.








Just so that I could prove that I actually did this, I lifted my feet way up and took a picture with my feet in it. So, if you didn't believe me before, then boom shaka laka.










Here's a shot of Matt I took while we were flying. I've been on the computer forever and I'm getting tired of writing so the rest of this will be kind of rushed.










Here's me where we landed. On a tiny strip of grass on the side of the road.











So there's some pictures and some info about my roommate. I hope you guys enjoy it. I'll talk to you soon!

PS-I'm going to see Pat in a couple of weeks!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

dude your blog is blowing my mind.

Guess what i did today. Studied. Greek. ALL FREAKIN DAY. Miss you homie.

By the way, you didnt leave a set of spare keys with anyone did you? Your car is not parked in a good place, and its not very close to the curb.

DONT FORGET YOUR REAL ROOMATES

-NJP.

praying for you man. keep an eye out for your future wife.

Anonymous said...

It IS like a fairy tale.

Dave said...

INSANE, So how is it that i had to hear second hand about this incredible record of your travels. "There and back again" sounds more like the odyssey or Iliad!